Eastern Eye Award for Arts
Awarded to an individual, curator or exhibition working through the medium of painting, photography or mixed media.
- Bharti KherforThe Intermediary Family
- Matthew KrishanuforThe Sun Never Sets
- The Singh TwinsforSplendours of the Subcontinent
Eastern Eye Award for Dance
Awarded to an outstanding dancer or choreographer whose work is influenced by South Asian dance traditions.
- Mavin KhooforMan to Monk
- Seeta PatelforNot Today’s Yesterday
- Sonia SabriforVirago
Eastern Eye Award for Literature
Awarded to an author for literary work (fiction and non-fiction) which has, at its core, a South Asian influence.
- Amit Dhand forCity of Sinners
- Gautam Malkani forDistortion
- Preti Taneja forWe That Are Young
Eastern Eye Award for Photography
Presented for an exceptional body of work highlighting South Asia or produced by someone of a South Asian heritage.
- Nitin Sachania forBreastfeeding in Public Places
- Ram Shergill forExoskeleton, curated by Daen Palma Hus
- Suki Dhanda forRace, Place and Diversity by the Seaside
Eastern Eye Award for Contemporary Music
Presented to an outstanding artist for creative achievement in the contemporary music industry.
- Naughty Boy forBungee Jumping
- Niraj Chag forThe Captive Queen
- Susheela Raman forGhost Gamelan
Eastern Eye Award for Traditional Music
Presented to an artist for outstanding achievement in the field of traditional Indian music for creativity and performance.
- Chandra Chakraborty for excellency in performing Indian classical music
- Sanju Sahai for histablasolo at the Barbican
- Shammi Pithia forAbout The Elephant
Eastern Eye Award for Comedy
Presented to an exceptional artist of South Asian heritage working in the field of live comedy, television sitcom or online web comedy.
- Imran Yusuf forSaint, Sinner, Sufi
- Mawaan Rizwan forJuice
- Paul Chowdhry forLive Innit
- Tez Ilyas forTeztify
Eastern Eye Award for Best Presenter
Presented to an outstanding Asian presenter who has excelled in Asian or mainstream media.
- Bobby Friction (aka Paramdeep Sehdev) forPump up the Bhangra: The Sound of Asian Britain
- Nadiya Hussain forNadiya’s Family Favourites
- Rana Mitter forChinese Characters
Eastern Eye Award for Best Production
Awarded to an individual or team for outstanding production in television, stage, film or any live event (concert, exhibition, and festival). The event must have been marketed to a UK audience.
- Dishoom!byRifco Theatre Company
- Tartuffeby Royal Shakespeare Company
- Three Sat Under the Banyan Treeby Tara Arts and Polka Theatre
Eastern Eye Award for Best Director
Presented for outstanding directing in film, television or the stage.
- Indhu Rubasingham forWhite Teeth
- Iqbal Khan forTartuffe
- Pravesh Kumar forDishoom!
Eastern Eye Award for Best Scriptwriter
Awarded to a writer for best original or adapted script or screenplay (for film, TV, theatre, radio or a streaming service).
- Anil Gupta and Richard Pinto forTartuffe
- Iman Qureshi forThe Funeral Director
- Vinay Patel forDoctor Who: Demons of the Punjab
Eastern Eye Emerging Artist Award - supported by Arts Council England
Presented to an emerging artist who has earned significant recognition for a piece of work in arts and culture. It recognises new and undisputed talent and encourages the UK’s most promising artists at an early stage of their careers. There is no age cut-off.
- Antonio Aakeel forEaten by Lions
- Bally Gill forRomeo and Juliet
- Shareefa Energy forGrenfell One Year Later
Eastern Eye Community Engagement Award
Awarded to a museum, gallery, library, education body or cultural centre for an exceptional and innovative exhibition, programme or project that has taken community engagement a step further through cultural understanding.
- Artists in Residence for theirPromoting Creativity in Educationprogramme, founded by Andria Zafirakou
- Manchester Art Gallery forSpeech Acts: Reflection-Imagination-Repetition,curated by Hammad Nasar with Kate Jesson
- The Queen's Gallery forSplendours of the Subcontinent,curated by Emily Hannam and Kajal Meghani
Eastern Eye Award for Theatre, Best Actor
Presented to a male individual for the best performance in a play.
- Asif Khan forTartuffe
- Nitin Ganatra forEnd of the Pier
- Simon Nagra forTartuffe
Eastern Eye Award for Theatre, Best Actress
Presented to a female individual for the best performance in a play.
- Anjana Vasan forAn Adventure
- Shobna Gulati forRichard II
- Sophie Khan Levy forHanna
Eastern Eye Award for Film, TV & Drama, Best Actor
Presented to a male individual for the best performance in a film, drama or television series.
- Ash Tandon forBodyguard
- Ray Panthaki forMarcella
- Sid Akbar Ali forPolterheist
Eastern Eye Award for Film, TV & Drama, Best Actress
Presented to a female individual for the best performance in a film, drama or television series.
- Kiran Sonia Sawar forPure
- Maya Sondhi forLine of Duty
- Priyanga Burford forPress
Eastern Eye People's Choice Award – supported by Media Hive
Presented to an exceptional individual for outstanding contribution to the arts and cultural landscape of Britain. Voted for by the public.
- Hussain Manawer for poetry
- Jameela Jamil for female empowerment
- Jasmin Walia for music
- Mandip Gill for acting
- Nadiya Hussain for TV presenting
- Naughty Boy for music
- Dr Ranj Singh for TV presenting
- Romesh Ranganathan for comedy
In order of first name